It should be no surprise to anyone reading this that I happen to love, adore, and sometimes even worship at the altar of soup. It’s true. I am a happy girl with a bowl of hot soup and a plate of steaming muffins. How could life possibly be any better than that? And for all you doubters – just so you know – soup is always in season.
What may come as a surprise to you, however, is that I rarely make the same thing twice. My kitchen sees a lot of dishes that come and go, and they’re all so tasty! But just when I think, “Oh, we will definitely need to have this again!” there’s another new recipe on the horizon and I’ve already forgotten the yumminess of last night’s supper.
But with soups, I actually have favorites that I recycle all. the. time. They’re the ultimate comfort food, in my opinion. And they’re typically really simple to put together (assuming you have the proper ingredients on-hand). Repeat soups is also my way of providing stability in my daughter’s ever-changing, always eating something new & different, food life. Otherwise, bless her heart, she’d already be in therapy.
We like Chickpea Noodle Soup from Veganomicon because:
- Look at it! Delish. (I know, that’s not a really good reason, but it works for me.)
- It’s simple to put together.
- The flavor blend is unexpectedly impressive.
- It makes us feel better when we’re feeling puny.
- It makes us feel happy when we’re feeling great.
- It’s got noodles, which are great for slurping.
- I’m pretty sure complete strangers would pay good money for a bowl of this stuff.
- I like taking the wrapper off the soba noodle bundles. (It doesn’t take much, folks.)
Take my word for it. This one’s a repeater. Oh, and you’re welcome to click on any of these pictures for a slideshow of my process!