I’m not sure I’m ready to share this recipe yet, because I’m still playing with it, but go ahead and try it – it’s good!
- 1 cup whole fresh cranberries
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance, melted (this is a butter substitute, so you can use real butter)
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Mix the cranberries, egg, milk, Earth Balance, and pineapple together in a large bowl. In another bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture – just to get it all moistened. Spoon the batter into greased muffin tins. You can sprinkle the tops with brown sugar if you choose.
Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes – until they’re done. You know the drill: toothpick it.
- Buy lots of cranberries while they’re in-season during November, and freeze them so you can enjoy them year-round.
- A whisk is a great tool to use for sifting dry ingredients together.
How did my tasters enjoy these muffins? Interested in becoming one of my tasters? Let me know, and I’ll let you know what’s on the menu!